ARTVery early on it was decided that each episode of the series would begin in a way that got the viewer quickly and creatively immersed in the world of Haywire. Thanks to the talents of penciler Victor L. Castro Jr., inker Steven Hoveke and colorist Hassan Godwin, mission accomplished. Through the use of sequential art in a comic book style, the catalyst event of Haywire comes to life in a unique way with details that otherwise might have not been possible for us to convey so compellingly and concisely.
It is with great pride and pleasure that we present the Art Of Haywire.Victor L. Castro Jr. lends his talents to introduce you to the world of Haywire. Check out his intro artwork for Haywire as well as his other pieces. email@example.com www.victoroil.deviantart.com
OTHERSBIO Victor L. Castro Jr. is one of the top independent comic book pencilers working in the industry today. His style of interior sequential art and stunning pin up detail work continues to bring a new and satisfying style to the mainstream industries' most popular characters. He is continuing to make his way through the industry along side some of the best creators in comics, always fine tuning the craft in order to become one of the best in the industry. Victor is also a combat veteran that served in both Afghanistan and Iraq with the 10th Mountain Division’s, 1st Brigade Warriors, having spent almost 25 months in a combat environment he is no stranger to hard work, dedication and professionalism and he continues to apply these values to his place in the comic book society.
Victor is currently a combat simulations specialist for the Department of Military Instruction (DMI) at the West Point Military Academy where he supports the United States Corps of Cadets (USCC) in training the Cadets for the U.S. Army.
• Began professional career late 2006, early 2007 with entry into Platinum Studios sponsored competition titled The Comic Book, place 6thinternationally
• Illustrator for Abbeville Press non fiction book, by Armin Brott titled The Military Father
• Participant in the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) gallery titled Wounded in Action with a piece titled The Wounded Warrior , gallery has been featured at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, the Washington DC Senate Rotunda in 2009
• Lead penciler for Arcana Studios graphic novel titled Scionic, Cover artist as well
• Lead penciler for Platinum Studios comic book series titled The Whisper King as well as the cover artist
• Opening sequence artist for Lights Out Film Group web series called Haywire
• Graphic artist for Nub Grafix
• Multiple pin up works in collaboration with Mark McKenna, Tom Chu and Steven Hoveke
• Exhibitor at the New York Comic Convention for the last three years as well as the Baltimore Comic Convention in 2009Steve Hoveke is a professional inker as well as the owner and operator of Square 1 Press. Look out for his inked art in future episodes of Haywire.
HAYWIRE INKS Aside from being a colorist, Hassan is a co-host of a comic-focused online radio program, It Came From The Radio.